Monday, November 12, 2018

Book News


Happy Thanksgiving! I have a lot to be thankful for this year including book-news on a couple of different fronts.

My books with Pix-N-Pens
Pix-N-Pens is the nonfiction arm of Write Integrity Press, a small press based out of Dallas Texas. We are about to undergo some changes which will result in a new name but we will still be an imprint of Write Integrity Press. There will be more updates on that coming sometime next year.

I have one book written by only me and three that I have co-written with Shirley Crowder under Pix-N-Pens. Shirley and I also have four more under contract that we are currently working on, that will be releasing over the next couple of years. The most recent release is Prayer Warrior Confessions which released on Nov. 6. It had a great release, hitting #2 in three categories of new releases. The kindle has been on sale but will soon go back to its regular price of $6.99. This is a book I am really excited about. It is a collection of true stories of prayer and lessons the writers learned through the experiences they share. This book literally made me cry and laugh while I was compiling and editing it and it will do the same to readers.

My books with Olivia Kimbrell Press
There is another small press I work with as well. Olivia Kimbrell Press is based here in KY. The editor-in-chief is Gregg Bridgeman. They publish many of his wife, best-selling author Hallee Bridgman's, books as well as other authors. OKP published my novel, The Whisper of the Palms and has agreed to publish A Stand for Truth, the book I co-wrote with my husband, John R. Michael about his time as a trustee at Southern Seminary.

A Stand for Truth has an interesting publishing history. P&R came very close to offering us a contract but in the end, they decided not to. Then the manuscript was picked up by Founders Press. However, the contract they sent us differed in some important ways with what we had discussed on the phone with them and we simply were not able to sign the contract terms that they offered. So, we pitched the book to Gregg Bridgeman and he agreed because as he said, "It's a story that needs to be told." He did a great job with my novel and we are so excited that this book is finally in the publishing stage! We don't have a release date yet but it should be sometime in 2019. I'll let you know more as I can. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment