Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Making My Editorial Debut!

I am achieving a milestone that I never thought I would achieve. I am now officially listed as a book editor! Back in high school when I discovered my love for writing, I also discovered that my papers got a lot of read marks on them from my teachers. This discouraged me enough to abandon writing and pursue another field in college and I became a nurse instead. Now that I have been writing for over ten years, I realize that much of my problems in high school were due to the fact that I had a lot of British in my writing from growing up in a country heavily influenced by the British. They spell and punctuate differently in England. Hence all the corrections from my teachers. After having literally hundreds of editors, mostly magazine editors, tweak my writing, I now have most of the British out of me. Still, I would never try to pass myself off as a copy editor, but I can content edit the heck out of a piece. And that's just what I did when a friend asked for help with his book recently. 

That book, Maroon & White by Donald K. Jackson, just released on August 1st and it's selling like hotcakes! It is a number #1 New Release and is overall in the low thousands on all of Amazon's paid paperback store, out of tens of millions of books! And it has me listed as its editor. Paint me happy!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment