Tuesday, October 8, 2024

The Kentucky Christian Writers Conference

 At the start of my writing journey, way back in 2009, I attended the Kentucky Christian Writers Conference and it jumpstarted my writing. At that time I had a full length manuscript written but not published. 

That was it. 

That manuscript, which later became my book, Prayer: It's Not About You was the only thing I had ever written at the time and it was just a document sitting on my computer back then. But at the KCWC I took a class on freelance writing taught by Lettie K. Whisman that changed my life. I went home and tried my hand at freelance writing devotions and articles and within just a few months the contracts started coming in. 

This year the KCWC will be virtual so anyone can attend from anywhere. It is set for next weekend; Oct 17-19 and I will be there once again but this time as faculty. I will be teaching three workshops on the following topics: writing for magazines, devotional writing, and the pros and cons of co-writing. Sometimes in life things come full circle. I am so looking forward to being a part of this wonderful conference again!



No comments:

Post a Comment