Sunday, June 24, 2018

Had a Great Time!


I just got back from the KY Christian Writers Conference last night. As a friend of mine used to say, "And once again, a good time was had by all."

My class on freelancing was well attended with eager writers who seemed appreciative to learn the things I was able to share. I told them that freelancing was like fishing and I as going to teach them how to fish, and tell them where some great fishing holes were.

I have included a picture of two writers who also write for the publishing company I am contracted with. The woman on the left is Shirley Crowder, my childhood friend and co-writer on many books, and the woman in the middle is Betty Thomason Owens who writes fiction with Write Integrity Press. (Pix-N-Pens is the nonfiction arm of Write Integrity.)

The man in the back is Carlton Hughes, a humor writer, who has photobombed our pictures at this conference so many years that it is now a tradition to have a "Carlton-photobombed pic".

I'm back home, now, and looking ahead again. My husband and I have a phone call appointment with the publishing company that is currently considering our book later this week. I hope to be able to share more on that soon.

I'm still working on book #3 of our 5-book contract, and will soon start edits on book #2. But I am also just enjoying some summer days. My grandson is visiting this week and going with me and one of my kids to my parents next week. So, I'm going to enjoy some pool time and family time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment