Thursday, July 19, 2018

Sitting on Go


I have been waiting to write another post because my husband and I are expecting a contract on our book, "A Stand for Truth" any day. I had thought I would just wait and post signing pictures. But since that contract has not arrived in our inbox yet, I will go ahead and bring everyone up to speed on things in my writing world.

Founders Press has picked up "A Stand for Truth" and will be sending that publishing contract any time now. They called us a few weeks ago and let us know of their decision to publish it and said they will send that (long-awaited / so happy to finally have coming) contract in a few weeks. I will post those pictures when it happens. We are excited and happy this book has found a home! They said they are hoping for a spring 2019 release. In the meantime, we are working on some edits to it and on gathering endorsements for it, so that when they are ready to receive our final manuscript, we will have it in the best shape we can. (It will still go through several rounds of edits by them, though.)

So, with regards to that book, we are sitting on go, ready and waiting to sign that contract. Meanwhile, the rest of my writing world is hopping as always. My PNP co-writer and I just finished reading and approving 1st edits on two books that will release soon, one in early fall, and the other in late fall. We have a 3rd manuscript almost ready to send to our publisher and things look good for meeting that late Aug deadline, and we have started writing on the 4th manuscript which is due to our publisher next February. This leaves us two that are not even started yet, but we have plenty of time and are actually ahead of the game right now.

And I keep busy in other adventures too … maybe too busy. I am teaching a breakout session on missions next week at Women's Advance, a large, local women's conference, and staying as busy as ever freelancing, currently under a deadline for a few articles for SEEK and have some ideas floating around in my head for a couple other magazines. And I keep mentoring, something that brings me great joy! I just had the joy of reading and tweaking a delightful short book that a friend is self-publishing through Lulu.

Who said summer was a slow time of year?

No comments:

Post a Comment